FREE REIGN THEATRE COMPANY
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
|at Historic Rural Hill|
|4431 Neck Road, Huntersville, NC 28078|
|Tickets available now! Click here to purchase tickets from Brown Paper Bag!|
|*=Free Reign Theatre Company debut|
|*Program artwork created by Ted Patterson*|
**This show will run about 2.5 hours in total with a 15 minute intermission.**
Summer Evening at the home of Henry Jekyll
Act II, sc i
Several Weeks later - 9pm
There will be a 15 minute intermission
Act II, sc ii
The following morning - just before dawn
Act III, sc i
Two days later - morning
Act III, sc ii
Late that same night
Act III, sc iii
Two weeks later - evening
Music and Sound Effects during the show courtesy of:
"Free Sounds Library". Free Sound Effects Site. License: License: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
Kevin MacLeod (http://imcompetech.com) Licensed user Creative Commons: By Attribution License 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Grand Dark Waltz Moderato
Heart of Nowhere
Megan Hirschy (She/Her/They)
Meet the Company
Aaron P. Zimmerman
Megan Hirschy (She/Her/They)
Costume fitting for Richard Enfield, Mr. Danvers Carew, Miss Diana Carew, Mr. Utterson and Dr. Lanyon.
Costume fitting for Miss Diana Carew and Henry Jekyll.
Costume fitting for Bridget, Pauline and Connie.
Costume fitting for Inspector Newcomen.
Load in Day - Hard at Work!
Load in Day - Hard at work!
Final Dress Rehearsal! Thank you!
Thank YOU for sharing an evening of theatre with us!
Free Reign Theatre Company fosters collaboration between ambitious artists to create heartfelt, inclusive, and diverse theatrical experiences.
From Ancient Greek plays, to Renaissance works, to modern-day productions, original works and adaptations, we set out to make our stories live, breathe, and have a heartbeat. These stories are the greatest gift we can give to you, and we want you to be part of them.
Through the presentation of performing arts to the general public, theatrical workshops, and outreach to regional schools, our goal is to help educate our community through our exploration of the history and breadth of the human experience.
Why Free "Reign"?
The phrase is supposed to be spelled "free rein," implying a bridled horse able to run free without anyone controlling it. However, due to the pride we have in our presence in Charlotte, the Queen City, the "reign" spelling best describes us.
Pictured from L to R Back: Katie Bearden, Charles Holmes, Chelsea Hunter, Robert Brafford.
L to R Front: Shelby Ray Patterson, Alex Creech, Cara Hayes.
To find out more about the members and who they are, check out the link here!
Upcoming Free Reign Show
Upcoming Performance and Auditions
Directed by David Hensley
Performances will be held May 4th through the 7th and May 11th through the 14th at The Courthouse Theatre in Downtown Rock Hill.
- Dates: Monday March 6th and Tuesday March 7th from 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Location: First United Methodist Church at 501 North Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202
- Monologues or cold reads accepted. Sides will be available onsite. Please be prepared to stay and be paired up with other actors.
(Please Note: all roles are volunteer based.)
- 13 roles to be cast, open to actors of all ethnicities and gender identities, ages 18 and older
- 5 roles will only play one character and 8 will be ensemble
- Single Character Roles:
- Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo, Macduff, Ross
- Ensemble Character Roles:
- Sergeant/Donalbain/Second Murderer/Young Siward
- Porter/Old Man/First Murderer/Doctor
- Malcolm/Third Murderer/Duncan/Lord/Siward
- Witch 1/Gentlewoman/Attendant/Guard/Dinner Guest
- Witch 2/Messenger/Servant/Dinner Guest
- Witch 3/Guard 2/Dinner Guest
- Rehearsals will be held at First United Methodist Church starting April 3rd. (time TBD)